Saturday, August 22, 2009

Manifest!

Photobucket

Okay I realise that many of you will be going "Manifest?? WTF is that???" Well, I'm here to explain my anime impaired friends! Manifest, also known as the Melbourne Anime Festival, is the biggest anime festival in all of Australia! And my first experiance there was a surreal one! Sure I had been to anime expo's before, but this one??? Oh it takes the cake!!

So first of all as we all drove in (We being myself, my mother, brother and Hugh, my primary school friend), the line to enter had already reached the street!! So of course all of us were going "Oh Sh**!" We basically spent a whole hour in the queue before we entered. Now just a little tip for next year Manifest, have at least two lines dedicated to those who want to register on the day and one dedicated to those who pre-registered. Of course, I've learnt my lesson and next year I'm definitely pre-regging!!

As we were in the line, we saw many different people come around. Alot of them were cosplayers and oh my God!! The intricacy of their outfits!!! Absolutely amazing!!!! But the best part was the guy who came around giving out free hugs!! Man you are awesome!! If you see this, give me a call sometime, you give good hugs!

Finally as we headed in, the experiance just got better and better. Many of my favourite traders were there such as Madman and Tamarket. So now the spending began! Lets see if I can recite everything I got:
- First up, 4 bookmarks from one of the fan trader stalls. These included people from Pheonix Wright and One Piece!
- Had to grab some Pocky next!! Yum yum!!
- Third up was the Animavericks stall, where I purchased an edition of the best Anime magazine in melbourne and got a free Full Metal Alchemist (FMA): Brotherhood poster!
- Next was Madman where I bought 5 mangas for $50! Pretty good considering they're normally around $20 each in the stores. I also received a free pass to see 'PONYO', the new Hayao Miyazaki movie (He did Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle etc.).
- Then I went to another fan trader stall where I got some stickers of the boys from Ouran High School Host Club, an Avatar and Bleach keychain and a badge of one of the boys from Ouran High.
- From there I travelled to a small store where I picked up and Azumanga Daioh soundtrack! Listening to it now and it's very cute!
- Next was to another fan trader place where I got bookmarks of Naruto's Team 7 and of the Avatar gang!
- Finally I stopped by at Tamarket where I bought a Peach Girl manga and Mum bought me a Gaara t-shirt! Thanks again Mum!!!!!

So there you go, that's my rundown of the day! Pretty big huh??? Overall I enjoyed it throughly and I can't wait until next year! Maybe then I'll be the one dressing up!!!

For now I shall leave you with a few pics of my merchandise!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment