Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Indirect Vs. Direct

Don't you just hate it when you get a really pathetic score on a test or exam of some sort and then everyone around you goes: "Oh but that's really good!" I do and that's exactly what happened to me a couple of days ago. I mean I love how some friends can be very supportive nand thats what they are but sometimes I just feel like saying "Shut up, it's a pathetic score and you know it."

I guess I am grateful to my Dad for being very direct then. I tell him and he says "Ouch, that's a horrible score," well I know I wanted people to be direct but really then I broke down. I feel better now. I know what he was trying to say and after he got over the shock in seeing me in such a state (yeah it was that bad) he told me "Just as long as you learn from your mistakes you're fine." and I think that's a fair enough statement.

Now moving on to a lighter note, I have to say this video really inspired me. It's great for people of our generation:

3 comments:

  1. I'm sick of school.
    I'm sick of tests and sacs and assessments.
    I'm seriously considering quitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate SACs and all these massive bundles of endless homework!
    sorry if i told u that your tests scores are good or anythng.. its kinda conflicting, some ppl dont want to hear direct (eg. "aww, the scores a shame"), whilst some dont want to hear fakey stuff (eg. "thats fine, its a good mark") etc.
    But i think (this should b safe to say) that you will improve down the year - more practice! hard work! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. and OMG! that video clip is AMAZING! im sooo stealin it now and savin it to my laptop =P
    ALSO, its sooo true both ways, some ppl find things like money makes happiness, whilst others dont... (^.^)

    ReplyDelete